Gazi Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi
Mesiha Saat – Production and Operation Management Final Exam 2014
1. Which of the following is not a major component of work system design?
a) Job design
b) Work measurements
c) Worker compensation
d) Job enrichment
2. Which of the following is not true about job design?
a) Job design specifies the work activities of workers in support of an organization’s objectives.
b) Product and service design decision does not influence work design.
c) Job design specifies the content of the job.
d) Jobs are designed by answering questions like: What is the job’s description? Who does the job.
3. Which of the following is not an advantage of specialization from management’s perspective?
a) Low wage costs
b) Minimal training needed
c) Lack of flexibility
d) High productivity
4. Which of the following is not an advantage of specialization from employees’s perspective?
a) Low education and skill requirements
b) Minimal mental effort needed
c) Minimum responsibilities
d) High satisfaction
5. A job is said to be enlarged if:
a) A worker is responsible a greater variety of task
b) A worker is responsible for planning
c) A worker is responsible for coordination task
d) A worker inspects his or her own work
6. Which of the following is not trues about objective of layout design?
a) Facilitate attainment of product and service quality.
b) Use workers and space efficiently
c) Minimize unnecessary movement of workers or materials
d) The introduction of new procudts or services
7. Which of the following is not trues about method analysis?
a) Method analysis is used by companies when developing a new products or services
b) Method analysis is used for improving the efficiency of current methods.
c) Method analysis is the study of who will do the job
d) Method analysis is used for increasing efficiency
8. Which one of these does aid in developing capacity alternatives?
a) Designin flexibility into the system.
b) Taking a “big picture” approach
c) Smoothing capacity requirement.
d) İdentifying the optimal operating level
e) Focusing on quantitative factors.
9. If a line is balanced with 90 percent efficiency, the balance delay would be:
a) 10 percent
b) 90 percent
c) Unknown, since balance delay isn’t related to efficiency
d) Depends on the number of work station
10. Pick the statement about capacity decisions that is not true.
a) They are often long term.
b) Mistakes can be difficult to overcome.
c) Both fixed costs and variable costs are usually affected.
d) It does not affect competitiveness
11. Which one of the following is not trues for a precedence diagram?
a) it contains all of the tasks
b) it shows the sequences in which task are performed
c) it is in the shape of a network
d) it is important for designing pcoress layouts.
12. Which of the following is also referred to as a layout by function?
a) Process layout
c) Combination layout
d) Fixed-position layout
e) Assembly line
13. In location planning, environmental refulations, availability of utilities, and taxes are:
a) Regional factors
b) Community factors
c) Site-related factors
d) Global factors
e) None of the above
14. What is the breakeven quantity of weekly production for the given situation?
Fixed cost: 1.500 dollars, variable cost: 3 dollars per unit, revenue: 6 dollars per unit
15. Which of the following is not a characteristic of batch processing?
a) There is no standart route
b) Skills of workers is generally high
c) There is flexibility
d) Unit cost is very low
16. Which of the following is characteristics of repetitive processing?
a) Produce many different product with varring processing requirements.
b) Capital intesive
c) General purpose of equipment
d) Workers need tobe able to perform different task depending on the processing needs of the product.
17. Which one of these is not trues about planning service capacity?
a) Service must be located near customers
b) Capacity also matched with the timing of demands
c) Demand volatility tends to be higher for services than for goods.
d) In order to match in capacity and demand, inventories can help the service organization to achieve the balance.
18. Which of the following is not trues about standart time?
a) Standart time is the time it should take a qualified operator, working at sustainable pace and using the approprivate process and tools complete a specific job.
b) Standart time does not allow for personal time.
c) Standart time is greater than normal time
d) None of the above